Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental
- Effect of exercise alone on the weight of obese women.Arch Intern Med. 1975; 135: 676-680
- Effects of a vigorous walking program on body composition, and carbohydrate and lipid metabolism of obese young men.Am J Clin Nutr. 1979; 32: 1776-1787
- Voluntary food intake during prolonged exercise in obese women.Am J Clin Nutr. 1982; 36: 478-484
- Loss of abdominal fat and metabolic response to exercise training in obese women.Am J Physiol. 1991; 261: E159-E167
- Body composition, physical work capacity and physical activity habits at 18-month follow up of middle-aged women participating in an exercise intervention program.Int J Obes. 1983; 7: 61-71
- The effects of a jogging program on the body composition of normal and obese high school girls.Med Sci Sports. 1972; 4: 210-213
- Relationship between muscle morphology and metabolism in obese women: The effects of long-term physical training.Eur J Clin Invest. 1983; 13: 5-12
- Effects of long-term physical training on body fat, metabolism, and blood pressure in obesity.Metabolism. 1979; 28: 650-657
- Textbook of Work Physiology. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY1978 ed 3.
- Exercise and obesity.Obes Res. 1993; 1: 133-147
- Effect of intensity of physical activity on body fatness and fat distribution.Am J Clin Nutr. 1990; 51: 153-157
- Responses of maximal aerobic power and capacity to aerobic training.Int J Sports Med. 1984; 5: 232-236
- Test of anaerobic alactacid and lactacid capacities: Description and reliability.Can J Appl Sport Sci. 1983; 8: 266-270
- Human Biology: A Guide to Field Methods. Blackwell, Oxford, UK1969 ed 3.
- Skeletal muscle histochemical and biochemical characteristics in sedentary male and female subjects.Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 1985; 63: 30-35
- Repeatability of fiber type and enzyme activity measurements in human skeletal muscle.Clin Physiol. 1986; 6: 347-356
- Dietary fat, carbohydrate balance, and weight maintenance: Effects of exercise.Am J Clin Nutr. 1987; 45: 296-306
- Failure of dietary fat intake to promote fat oxidation: A factor favoring the development of obesity.Am J Clin Nutr. 1989; 50: 307-314
- The effects of exercise-training on energy balance and adipose tissue morphology and metabolism.Sports Med. 1985; 2: 223-233
- A meta-analysis of the factors affecting exercise-induced changes in body mass, fat mass and fat-free mass in males and females.Int J Obes. 1991; 11: 717-726
- Biochemical adaptations in muscle. Effects of exercise on mitochondrial oxygen uptake and respiratory enzyme activity in skeletal muscle.J Biol Chem. 1967; 242: 2278-2282
- Skeletal muscle adaptability: Significance for metabolism and performance.in: Peachy LD Adrian RH Geiger RS Handbook of Physiology. American Physiological Society, Bethesda, MD1983: 555-631
- Muscular fatigue during maximal exercise of short duration.Med Sport. 1981; 13: 45-52
- Muscle power and metabolism in maximal intermittent exercise.J Appl Physiol. 1986; 60: 1164-1169
- Electrical stimulation of human muscle studied using 31P-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.J Orthop Res. 1986; 4: 204-211
- Resynthesis of creatine phosphate in human muscle after exercise in relation to intramuscular pH and availability of oxygen.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1979; 39: 551-558
- Enzyme activity and fiber composition in skeletal muscle of untrained and trained subjects.J Appl Physiol. 1972; 33: 312-319
- Skeletal muscle enzymes and fiber composition in male and female track athletes.J Appl Physiol. 1976; 40: 149-154
- Muscle triglyceride utilization during exercise: Effect of training.J Appl Physiol. 1986; 60: 562-567
- Involvement of corticotropin-releasing factor in the anorexia induced by exercise.Brain Res Bull. 1990; 25: 169-172
☆Supported by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.