Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental
- The influence of total starvation on the pituitary-thyroid-axis in obese individuals.Acta Endocrinol (Kbh). 1973; 173 (abstract): 144
- The effect of starvation on the concentration and binding of thyroxine and triiodothyronine in serum and on the response to TRH.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1974; 39: 191-194
- Diversion of peripheral thyroxine metabolism from activating to inactivating pathways during complete fasting.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1975; 41: 191-194
- Starvation-induced alterations in circulating thyroid hormone concentrations in man.Metabolism. 1976; 25: 79-83
- Decreased serum thyrotropin induced by fasting.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1977; 45: 560-568
- Alterations in basal and TRH-stimulated serum levels of thyrotropin, prolactin and thyroid hormones in starved obese men.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1977; 45: 707-713
- Effect of caloric restriction and dietary composition on serum T3 and reverse T3 in man.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1976; 42: 197-200
- Fasting blunts the TSH response to synthetic thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH).J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1975; 40: 509-511
- A radioimmunoassay for measurement of thyroxine in unextracted serum.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1972; 34: 938-947
- Rapid radioimmunoassay for triiodothyronine and thyroxine in unextracted serum.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1972; 46: 2107-2113
- Thyroxine transport and metabolism in methadone and heroin addicts.Ann Intern Med. 1974; 80: 194-199
- A new method for measuring the free thyroid hormone in human serum and an analysis of the factors that influence its concentration.J Clin Invest. 1965; 44: 1679-1689
- Studies of thyrotropin physiology by means of radioimmunoassay.Recent Prog Horm Res. 1967; 23: 47-85
- Statistical Methods Applied to Experiments in Agriculture and Biology. Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa1956 ed 5.
- Reciprocal changes in serum triiodothyronine (T3) and reverse (rT3) induced by altering the carbohydrate content of the diet.Clin Res. 1976; 24 (abstract): 271A
- Liver and kidney metabolism during prolonged starvation.J Clin Invest. 1969; 48: 574-583
- Estradiol benzoate increases serum triiodothyronine (T3) in female rats by increasing peripheral conversion from thyroxine (T4).in: Program of American Thyroid Association, 53rd meeting. September 7–10, 1977: T15 (abstract)
- Plasma thyrotropin levels in reverse infantile malnutrition.Hormone Res. 1973; 4: 43-52
- TSH response to synthetic thyrotropin releasing hormone in human protein-calorie malnutrition.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1973; 36: 779-783
- Circulating thyroid hormones and thyrotropin in adult patients with protein-calorie malnutrition.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1975; 40: 221-227
- Serum thyroid hormones and thyrotropin in anorexia nervosa.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1975; 40: 334-338
- Low serum triiodothyronine (T3) and hypothyroidism in anorexia nervosa.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1977; 44: 167-174
☆Supported by National Institutes of Health General Research Support Grant 5S01 RR 05587-07.