Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental
- Origin and evolutionary relationships of native Andean populations.High Alt Med Biol. 2001; 2: 227-233
- Overweight is associated with lower serum leptin in Peruvian Indian than in Caucasian women.Metabolism. 2001; 50: 325-329
- Body adiposity, insulin and leptin in subgroups of Peruvian Amerindians.High Alt Med Biol. 2004; 5: 27-32
- The ethnomedicine of the Waorani of Amazonian Ecuador.J Ethnopharmacol. 1983; 9: 273-297
- Effects of a traditional lifestyle on the cardiovascular risk profile.J Hypertens. 1999; 17: 749-756
- Metabolic profile and cardiovascular risk patterns in an indigenous population of Amazonia.Hum Biol. 2003; 75: 31-46
- Low incidence of fatal coronary heart disease in Pima Indians despite high prevalence of non—insulin-dependent diabetes.Circulation. 1990; 81: 987-995
- Rising tide of cardiovascular disease in American Indians.The Strong heart study. Circulation. 1999; 99: 2389-2395
- The role of leptin in the regulation of energy balance and adiposity.J Neuroendocrinol. 2001; 13: 913-921
- Control of energy homeostasis and insulin action by adipocyte hormones.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2002; 13: 51-59
- Leptin is associated with increased risk of myocardial infarction.J Intern Med. 1999; 246: 409-418
- Serum leptin levels and anthropometric correlates in Ache Amerindians of eastern Paraguay.Am J Phys Anthropol. 2001; 115: 297-303
- Homeostasis model assessment insulin resistance and beta-cell function from fasting plasma glucose and insulin concentrations in man.Diabetologia. 1985; 28: 412-417
- Food taboos, diet, and hunting strategy.Curr Anthropol. 1978; 19: 1-37
- The Yanoama Indians. University of Texas Press, Austin, TX1976
- Is a low leptin concentration, a low resting metabolic rate, or both the expression of the “thrifty genotype”? Results from Mexican Pima Indians.Am J Clin Nutr. 1998; 68: 1053-1057
- Normal glucagon response to arginine infusion in “prediabetic” Pima Indians.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1976; 43: 279-286
- Fasting and postprandial plasma glucagon and glucagon-like immunoreactivity are normal in obese Pima Indians.Horm Metab Res. 1983; 15: 218-220
☆Supported by Grant No. 6834 from the Swedish Research Council, Albert Pahlsson Foundation, Swedish Diabetes Association, and Stiftelsen för forskning inom diabetes och kärlsjukdom.