Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental
- 2008: 53-54 ([updated 2nd edition]) The challenge of pain. Penguin.
- Fentanyl buccal tablet.Drugs Today (Barc). 2008; 44: 41-54
- Cancer pain: epidemiology and syndromes.Cancer. 1989; 63: 2298-2307
- Pain in far-advanced cancer.Pain. 1982; 14: 303-310
SEER cancer statistics review 1975-2007, National Cancer Institute
- Human brain mechanisms of pain perception and regulation in health and disease.Eur J Pain. 2005; 9: 463-484
- Acupuncture for pain and dysfunction after neck dissection: results of a randomized controlled trial.J Clin Oncol. 2010; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Biofeedback and primary care.Prim Care. 2010; 37: 91-103
American Pain Society (APS) 29th Annual Scientific Meeting: abstract 309. Presented May 6, 2010.
- The efficacy of hypnotic analgesia in adults: a review of the literature.Contemp Hypn. 2009; 26: 24-39
- The effectiveness of music in relieving pain in cancer patients: a randomized controlled trial.Int J nurs Stud. 2010; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Mind-body treatments for the pain-fatigue-sleep disturbance symptom cluster in persons with cancer.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2010; 39: 126-133
- World Health Organization, Geneva1990: 7-21 Cancer pain relief and palliative care: report of a WHO Expert Committee.
- The FDA Acetaminophen Advisory Committee Meeting—what is the future of acetaminophen in the United States? The perspective of a committee member.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2009; 47: 784-789
- Opioids and the management of chronic severe pain in the elderly: consensus statement of an International Expert Panel with focus on the six clinically most often used World Health Organization step III opioids (buprenorphine, fentanyl, hydromorphone, methadone, morphine, oxycodone).Pain Pract. 2008; 8: 287-313
- Current developments in intraspinal agents for cancer and noncancer pain.Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2010; 14: 8-16
- Sustained-release oral morphine versus transdermal fentanyl and oral methadone in cancer pain management.Eur J Pain. 2008; 12: 1040-1046
- Intravenous morphine for breakthrough (episodic-C) pain in an acute palliative care unit. A confirmatory study.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2008; 35: 307-313
- Fentanyl buccal tablet for the treatment of breakthrough pain in opioid-tolerant patients with chronic cancer pain.Cancer. 2009; 115: 2571-2579
- Efficacy of intrasal fentanyl spray versus other opioids for breakthrough pain in cancer.Curr Med Res Opin. 2010; 26: 1037-1046
- Dean R. Bilsky E.J. Negus S.S. Opiate receptors and antagonists: from bench to clinic. Humana Press, Totowa, NJ2009
- Opioid receptors.Annu Rev Biochem. 2004; 73: 953-990
- Opioid metabolism.Mayo Clin Proc. 2009; 84: 613-624
- Morphine and alternate opioids in cancer pain. The EAPC recommendations.Br J Cancer. 2001; 84: 587-593
- Descending control of pain.Prog Neurobiol. 2002; 66: 385-474
- Endomorphins and related opioid peptides.Vitam Horm. 2002; 65: 257-279
- Endomorphins: novel endogenous mu-opiate receptor agonists in regions of high mu-opiate receptor density.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1999; 897: 136-144
- Enkephalinase inhibitors: potential agents for the management of pain.Curr Drug Targets. 2008; 9: 887-894
- Human opiorphin: the lack of physiological dependence, tolerance to antinociceptive effects and abuse liability in laboratory mice.Behav Brain Res. 2010; ([Epub ahead of print])
- How to design an opioid drug that causes reduced tolerance and dependence.Ann Neurol. 2010; 67: 559-569
Publication of this article was supported by the Collège International de Recherche Servier (CIRS).
STATEMENT OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST: The authors have nothing to disclose.