Abbreviations:ADF (Alternate day fasting), CHD (coronary heart disease), HF (high-fat), LF (low-fat), METS (metabolic equivalents), NHANES (National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental
- Body weight in early and mid-adulthood in relation to subsequent coronary heart disease mortality: 80-year follow-up in the Harvard Alumni Study.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171 ([discussion 1770]): 1768-1770
- Obesity phenotype and coronary heart disease risk as estimated by the framingham risk score.J Korean Med Sci. 2012; 27: 243-249
- Coronary heart disease and body fat distribution.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2010; 12: 125-133
- Obesity and cardiovascular disease: risk factor, paradox, and impact of weight loss.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 1925-1932
- Short-term modified alternate-day fasting: a novel dietary strategy for weight loss and cardioprotection in obese adults.Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 90: 1138-1143
- Alternate day calorie restriction improves clinical findings and reduces markers of oxidative stress and inflammation in overweight adults with moderate asthma.Free Radic Biol Med. 2007; 42: 665-674
What we eat in America, NHANES 2007–2008, individuals 2 years and over, 1 day dietary intake data, weighted. In; 2010.
- Low-fat dietary pattern and risk of cardiovascular disease: the Women's Health Initiative Randomized Controlled Dietary Modification Trial.JAMA. 2006; 295: 655-666
- A new predictive equation for resting energy expenditure in healthy individuals.Am J Clin Nutr. 1990; 51: 241-247
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- A randomized controlled trial of a moderate-fat, low-energy diet compared with a low fat, low-energy diet for weight loss in overweight adults.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001; 25: 1503-1511
- The effect of a plant-based low-carbohydrate (“Eco-Atkins”) diet on body weight and blood lipid concentrations in hyperlipidemic subjects.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 1046-1054
Drewnowski A. Human perceptions and preferences for fat-rich foods. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press; 2010. Chapter 11.: Taylor & Francis Group, LLC; 2010.
- Energy density, diet composition and palatability: influences on overall food energy intake in humans.Physiol Behav. 2004; 81: 755-764
- Improvements in coronary heart disease risk indicators by alternate-day fasting involve adipose tissue modulations.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010; 18: 2152-2159
- Skeletal muscle structural lipids improve during weight-maintenance after a very low calorie dietary intervention.Lipids Health Dis. 2009; 8: 34
- Use of [14C]-sodium bicarbonate/urea to measure total energy expenditure in overweight men and women before and after low calorie diet induced weight loss.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2006; 15: 307-316
- Weight loss with a low-carbohydrate, Mediterranean, or low-fat diet.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 229-241
- Comparison of weight-loss diets with different compositions of fat, protein, and carbohydrates.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 859-873
- Effects of weight reduction on blood lipids and lipoproteins: a meta-analysis.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 56: 320-328
- Changes in plasma lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors during 3 energy-restricted diets differing in total fat and fatty acid composition.Am J Clin Nutr. 2000; 71: 706-712
- Carbohydrate-restricted diets high in either monounsaturated fat or protein are equally effective at promoting fat loss and improving blood lipids.Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 81: 762-772
- Alteration of hypothalamic cellular dynamics in obesity.J Clin Invest. 2012; 122: 22-25
- Systematic errors in middle-aged women's estimates of energy intake: comparing three self-report measures to total energy expenditure from doubly labeled water.Ann Epidemiol. 2002; 12: 577-586
- Assessing physical activity using wearable monitors: measures of physical activity.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012; 44: S5-S12
- Dietary fats and coronary heart disease.J Intern Med. 2012; 272: 13-24