Abbreviations:COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019), SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2), MAFLD (metabolic associated fatty liver disease), OSAHS (obstructive sleep apnoea hypopnea syndrome)
- World Health Organization
- Eslam M.
- Newsome P.N.
- Anstee Q.M
- et al.
- China National Health Commission
- Guan W.J.
- Ni Z.Y.
- Hu Y.
- et al.
Declaration of competing interest
- WHO characterizes COVID-19 as a pandemic.https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happenDate: March 11, 2020
- Obesity is a risk factor for greater COVID-19 severity.Diabetes Care. 2020;
- A new definition for metabolic associated fatty liver disease: an international expert consensus statement.J. Hepatol. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2020.03.039
- Diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 in China.3rd edition. January 22, 2020http://wwwnhcgovcn/yzygj/s7653p/202001/f492c9153ea9437bb587ce2ffcbee1fashtml([In Chinese])Date accessed: January 22, 2020
- Clinical Characteristics of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in China.N. Engl. J. Med. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032
- Characteristics of patients with the “malignant obesity hypoventilation syndrome” admitted to an ICU.J. Intensive Care Med. 2013; 28: 124-130