- •Calcific aortic valve disease is an important and common cardiovascular disease.
- •long noncoding TSI expression was upregulated in calcified aortic valves.
- •lncTSI alleviated aortic valve calcification through negative regulation of the TGF-β/Smad3 pathway.
- •These data suggest that long noncoding TSI is a potential therapeutic target.
Abbreviations:CAVD (calcific aortic valve disease), VICs (valve interstitial cells), TGF-β (transforming growth factor β), lncTSI (long noncoding TSI), IL (interleukin), COL1A1 (type I collagen), RUNX2 (Runt-related Transcription Factor 2), FBS (fetal bovine serum), GAPDH (glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase), H&E staining (haematoxylin-eosin staining), PBS (phosphate buffer solution), ApoE−/− (apolipoprotein E–deficient), ROS (reactive oxygen species)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental
- Calcific aortic stenosis.Nat. Rev. Dis. Primers. 2016; 2: 16006
- CAVD: civilization aortic valve disease.Eur. Heart J. 2017; 38: 2198-2200
- Changing epidemiology of calcific aortic valve disease: 30-year trends of incidence, prevalence, and deaths across 204 countries and territories.Aging (Albany NY). 2021; 13: 12710-12732
- Calcific aortic valve disease: from molecular and cellular mechanisms to medical therapy.Eur. Heart J. 2021; 43: 683-697https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehab757
- Valve interstitial cells: the key to understanding the pathophysiology of heart valve calcification.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2017; : 6
- The emerging role of valve interstitial cell phenotypes in regulating heart valve pathobiology.Am. J. Pathol. 2007; 171: 1407-1418
- Cell-type transcriptome atlas of human aortic valves reveal cell heterogeneity and endothelial to mesenchymal transition involved in calcific aortic valve disease.Arterioscler Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2020; 40: 2910-2921
- Calcific aortic valve disease: a consensus summary from the Alliance of investigators on calcific aortic valve disease.Arterioscler Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2014; 34: 2387-2393
- IL-21 promotes osteoblastic differentiation of human valvular interstitial cells through the JAK3/STAT3 pathway.Int. J. Med. Sci. 2020; 17: 3065-3072
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 mechanisms in aortic valve calcification: increased alkaline phosphatase and related events.Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2007; 83: 946-953
- TGF-beta signalling from cell membrane to nucleus through SMAD proteins.Nature. 1997; 390: 465-471
- The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway enhances Smad3-stimulated mesangial cell collagen I expression in response to transforming growth factor-beta1.J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 279: 2632-2639
- Metformin ameliorates TGF-beta1-induced osteoblastic differentiation of human aortic valve interstitial cells by inhibiting beta-catenin signaling.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2018; 500: 710-716
- No-nonsense functions for long noncoding RNAs.Cell. 2011; 145: 178-181
- LncRNA TUG1 sponges miR-204-5p to promote osteoblast differentiation through upregulating Runx2 in aortic valve calcification.Cardiovasc Res. 2018; 114: 168-179
- Genome-wide chromatin contacts of super-enhancer-associated lncRNA identify LINC01013 as a regulator of fibrosis in the aortic valve.PLoS Genet. 2022; 18e1010010
- The UCSC genome browser database: 2018 update.Nucleic Acids Res. 2018; 46: D762-D769
- Long noncoding RNA lnc-TSI inhibits renal fibrogenesis by negatively regulating the TGF-beta/Smad3 pathway.Sci. Transl. Med. 2018; : 10
- lncRNA lnc-TSI inhibits metastasis of clear cell renal cell carcinoma by suppressing TGF-beta-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition.Mol. Ther. Nucleic. Acids. 2020; 22: 1-16
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress participates in aortic valve calcification in hypercholesterolemic animals.Arterioscler Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2013; 33: 2345-2354
- BMP-2 and TGF-beta1 mediate biglycan-induced pro-osteogenic reprogramming in aortic valve interstitial cells.J. Mol. Med. (Berl). 2015; 93: 403-412
- Deletion of Smad3 prevents renal fibrosis and inflammation in type 2 diabetic nephropathy.Metabolism. 2020; 103154013
- Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor attenuates obesity-induced myocardial fibrosis by inhibiting transforming growth factor-betal and Smad2/3 pathways in high-fat diet-induced obesity rat model.Metabolism. 2017; 76: 42-55
- Cardiac fibrosis: cell biological mechanisms, molecular pathways and therapeutic opportunities.Mol. Aspects Med. 2019; 65: 70-99
- Impact of sex on the management and outcome of aortic stenosis patients.Eur. Heart J. 2021; 42: 2683-2691
- Sex-specific cell types and molecular pathways indicate fibro-calcific aortic valve stenosis.Front. Immunol. 2022; 13747714
- The long non-coding HOTAIR is modulated by cyclic stretch and WNT/beta-CATENIN in human aortic valve cells and is a novel repressor of calcification genes.PLoS One. 2014; 9e96577
- Altered DNA methylation of long noncoding RNA H19 in calcific aortic valve disease promotes mineralization by silencing NOTCH1.Circulation. 2016; 134: 1848-1862
- LncRNA MALAT1 sponges miR-204 to promote osteoblast differentiation of human aortic valve interstitial cells through up-regulating Smad4.Int. J. Cardiol. 2017; 243: 404-412
- Endothelial cell-derived tetrahydrobiopterin prevents aortic valve calcification.Eur. Heart J. 2022; 43: 1652-1664https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehac037
- Calcific aortic valve disease: from molecular and cellular mechanisms to medical therapy.Eur. Heart J. 2022; 43: 683-697
- Long noncoding RNA H19 promotes osteoblast differentiation via TGF-beta1/Smad3/HDAC signaling pathway by deriving miR-675.Stem. Cells. 2015; 33: 3481-3492