We have read the review titled “Epidemiology of sarcopenia: Prevalence, risk factors, and consequences” by Yuan and Larsson [
] recently published in Metabolism. We appreciate the authors for selecting this highly important topic which is growing in relevance as most countries face aging populations. However, there is some uncertainty on the type of review conducted, and methodological issues that question the validity of the findings.
- Yuan S.
- Larsson S.C.
Epidemiology of sarcopenia: prevalence, risk factors, and consequences [published online ahead of print, 2023 Mar 11].
Metabolism. 2023; 155533https://doi.org/10.1016/j.metabol.2023.155533
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Epidemiology of sarcopenia: prevalence, risk factors, and consequences [published online ahead of print, 2023 Mar 11].Metabolism. 2023; 155533https://doi.org/10.1016/j.metabol.2023.155533
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.Syst Rev. 2021; 10 (Published 2021 Mar 29): 89https://doi.org/10.1186/s13643-021-01626-4
- Where to prospectively register a systematic review.Syst Rev. 2022; 11: 8
- 2005: 1-7 Publication bias in meta-analysis. Publication bias in meta-analysis: prevention, assessment and adjustments.
- 2005: 241-259 Assessing the evolution of effect sizes over time. Publication bias in meta-analysis: prevention, assessment and adjustments.
Published online: April 16, 2023
Accepted: April 12, 2023
Received: April 6, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.