Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental
- Effect of dietary fatty acids on serum lipids and lipoproteins.in: A meta-analysis of 27 trials. ed 3. Arterioscler Thromb. 12. 1992: 911-919
- Long-term effects of three different fat-modified diets in hypercholesterolemic subjects.Atherosclerosis. 1994; 105: 9-23
- Evaluation of a continuous isotope feeding method for measurement of cholesterol absorption in man.J Lipid Res. 1978; 19: 967-971
- Intestinal cholesterol absorption efficiency in man is related to apoprotein E phenotype.J Clin Invest. 1987; 80: 578-581
- Cholesterol absorption: Regulation of cholesterol synthesis and elimination and within-population variations of serum cholesterol levels.Am J Clin Nutr. 1989; 49: 629-635
- Serum plant sterols and their relation to cholesterol absorption.Am J Clin Nutr. 1986; 43: 92-97
- Serum cholestanol and plant sterol levels in relation to cholesterol metabolism in middle-aged men.Metabolism. 1989; 38: 136-140
- Serum plant sterols and cholesterol precursors reflect cholesterol absorption and synthesis in volunteers of randomly selected male population.Am J Epidemiol. 1990; 131: 20-31
- Lathosterol, and other noncholesterol sterols during treatment of hypercholesterolemia with lovastatin alone and with cholestyramine or guar gum.Arterioscler Thromb. 1992; 12: 807-813
- Lipid metabolism in bile acid malabsorption.Ann Med. 1990; 22: 5-13
- Rastas M Seppänen R Knuts L-R Nutrient Composition of Foods. Social Insurance Institution, Helsinki, Finland1993
- Comparison of different analytical and precipitation methods for the direct estimation of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1981; 41: 353-360
- Non-cholesterol sterols and bile acid production in hypercholesterolaemic patients with ileal bypass.in: Paumgartner G Stiehl A Gerok W Bile Acids and Cholesterol in Health and Disease. MTP, Lancaster, PA1983: 183-187
- Diurnal variation of cholesterol precursors squalene and methyl sterols in human plasma lipoproteins.J Lipid Res. 1982; 23: 466-473
- Simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues.J Biol Chem. 1957; 226: 497-507
- Analysis of long chain fatty acids by gas-liquid chromatography.Anal Chem. 1959; 31: 307-308
- Apolipoprotein E polymorphism in the Finnish population; gene frequencies and relation to lipoprotein concentrations.J Lipid Res. 1986; 27: 227-235
- Apolipoprotein E phenotyping from serum by Western blotting.Electrophoresis. 1986; 7: 492-495
- SPSS-X User's Guide. SPSS, Chicago, IL1988 ed 3.
- Fatty acid composition of serum cholesterol esters, and erythrocyte and platelet membranes as indicators of long-term adherence to fat-modified diets.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 59: 364-370
- Dietary influences on serum lipids and lipoproteins.J Lipid Res. 1990; 31: 1149-1172
- Serum concentration and metabolism of cholesterol during rapeseed oil and squalene feeding.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 59: 356-363
- Effects of unsaturated and saturated plant sterols on their serum contents.Clin Chim Acta. 1992; 205: 97-107
- Reduction of serum cholesterol with sitostanol-ester margarine in a mildly hypercholesterolemic population.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1308-1312
- Effects of dietary cholesterol on serum cholesterol: A meta-analysis and review.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 55: 1060-1070
- Food Composition and Nutrition Table.CRC, London, UK1994
☆Supported by grants from the Finnish Food Research Foundation, Finnish Heart Research Foundation, Aarne and Aili Turunen Foundation, and the Research Council for Health, Academy of Finland.